NRC Membership Committee Report
NRC Board Meeting, 7-27-2011
Bob Hollis, Co-chair
Mike Mitchell, Co-chair
1. Develop the NRC membership database – Structure in place, ready for data import
2. Work with the Board's Recycling Organization (RO) Liaison on RO relations and affiliations
A shared working spreadsheet has been created and a contact campaing will begin after the RR Conf.
3. Engage in discussions with non-affiliated RO's – See 2
4. Review and update the current Affiliation Agreement – In progress
5. Develop enhanced NRC membership benefits - In progress
6. Assist other Board committee chairs with recruitment of NRC members to their committees
7. Develop and disseminate a member survey (with the Communication & Education and Renewal Committees)
8. Help re-engage previous Board Members – Is there a list?
9. Assist the Minorities in Recycling Council -
10. Develop recommendations to the Board regarding member recruitment and associated dues structure
Status: Mike Mitchell and Bob Hollis – recently appointed Co-chairs had first meeting to discuss initial priorities. The most important upcoming event is elections. Planning to schedule a meeting at the Resource Recycling Conference, and recurring monthly meetings going forward.
Relevance - In regards to the membership committee "Relevance" means:
1. NRC membership has significant value for RO's and individuals
2. Our Member Benefits includes a wide range of resources for members that allow them to realize a net savings that is 2x the cost of NRC membership
3. Being a member of the NRC increases RO membership value
4. Individual RO members identify with and engage with NRC
5. Members view NRC as a voice for their issues both on the National and State level
6. Past board members and committee members are fully engaged and active in the NRC
Board Member Charge:
1. Create an account using the login module on the board member page.