The National Recycling Coalition has designed Sustainable Materials Management (SMM) Dialogs around the Country. Each workshops has an expert line-up of presenters, followed by a discussion among attendees about how to take SMM principles and turn them into action.
2016 SMM Dialogs:
Southeast Recycling Development Council (SERDC) in Atlanta, GA.
- Gary Liss, Co-Chair, NRC SMM Committee highlighting NRC SMM Strategy and Moderator
- Cheryl Coleman, USEPA addressing what is SMM and Life Cycle Assessments (LCAs)
- Katie Wallace, New Belgium Brewing Co. as a model SMM Business leader addressing what they are doing on sustainability in general, SMM, LCAs, Resource Management, Resource Efficiency, Circular Economy and Zero Waste
- Gloria Hardagree, Georgia Recycling Coalition on Recyclers+ (reuse, recycling, composting and related professionals) at the table with manufacturers and product designers to redesign products and packaging.
Colorado Association for Recycling (CAFR) in Grand Junction, CO.
- Michele Wagner, Carton Council
- Sarah Martinez, EcoProducts
- Stacy Katz, Waste Management
- Megan Jorgensen, Snooze an AM Eatery
- Jack Buffington, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Plenary Session: Sustainable Materials Management: Waste Management Gives Way to the Circular Economy
Speaker: Bob Gedert