NRC Awards – Nominations Due July 11, 2017 at 6pm Pacific time
The National Recycling Coalition announces the “Call for Nominations” for the 2017 Awards – with awards presented at the Resource Recycling Conference August 28-30, 2017 in Minneapolis. Spread the word!! Nominate the best programs or individual you know in the following categories:
- NRCs’s Lifetime Achievement Award – recognizing an outstanding individual with a lifetime of leadership and dedication to the field of recycling.
- Bill Heenan Emerging Leader Award – recognizing an outstanding individual aged 35 or under who has emerged as a leader in the field.
- Outstanding Recycling Organization – awarded to a State Recycling Organization with outstanding growth, programs, leadership, or which has made a substantial impact on the field.
- Outstanding Business Leadership – awarded to a for-profit company showing leadership, innovation, and success as a corporate model in recycling and diversion.
- Outstanding Non-Profit Business Leadership – awarded to a not-for-profit company showing leadership, innovation, and success as a corporate model in recycling and diversion.
- Outstanding Community or Government Program – awarded to a public (community / governmental) program showing innovation, progress, or success as a model for other public programs.
- Outstanding Higher Education Program – awarded to a college / university with an exceptional program in recycling or in connecting higher education and the industry in the areas of degrees, tech transfer, career services, etc.
The criteria for each award follow. Nominate a worthy candidate (you may self-nominate) by clicking on the following link. For questions, please contact Lisa Skumatz at [email protected], or at 303/494-1178. Deadline listed above, so get your nominations in!
FIRST prepare two word documents – a summary of 150 words and then a document of up to 1000 words that addresses the criteria noted for your award (label each criteria section). The specific criteria are listed in the table below. THEN Click here for the link to the award form.
You will need: contact information for yourself and the nominee, 150 word summary, and up to 1000 words addressing the criteria relevant for your award (see check marks below). The criteria for the higher education award asks for information about degree programs and career services, applied research / tech transfer, and links with recycling industries. The criteria for other awards are listed in the following table. We recommend you prepare a document with these elements first, and then cut and paste your responses into the form.
|Effect on recy-cling / hierarchy & Tons||Coverage / longevity||Innovation / leadership / cutting edge||Program Economics||Special criteria for Higher Education (noted above)|
|Lifetime Achievement||(extra points if available)|
|Bill Heenan Emerging Leader||(extra points if available)||√||√||√|
|Outstanding Recycling Organization||√||√||√||√|
|Outstanding For-Profit Business Leadership||√||√||√||√|
|Outstanding Non-Profit Business Leadership||√||√||√||√|
|Outstanding Community or Government Program||√||√||√||√|
|Outstanding Higher Education Program||√|