Washington DC – The National Recycling Coalition (NRC) has voted 9 members on to the NRC Board.
Elections for the board were held during the 2015 Resource Recycling Conference in Indianapolis, IN. The new and re-elected members, listed below, will each serve 3-year terms:
- Stephen Bantillo, Executive Director, Recycling Certification Institute
- Robert J. Bylone, Jr., Executive Director and President, Pennsylvania Recycling Markets Center
- George Dreckmann, Strategic Initiatives Coordinator, City of Madison, WI Streets Division
- MaryEllen Etienne, CEO, Reuse Institute
- Bob Gedert, Department Director, Austin Resource Recovery, City of Austin
- Brent Hildebrand, VP Operations, Alpine Recycling and Waste
- Maite Quinn, Business Development and Marketing Manager, Sims Municipal Recycling
- Lisa A. Skumatz, Principal Consultant/Research, Skumatz Economic Research Associates, and non-profit Econservation Institute
- Melissa Young, Assistant Director, Syracuse University Center for Sustainable Community Solutions
The recently voted-in individuals join the following active members:
- Gary Bilbro, President, SMART Recycling of SC
- Jeffrey Cooper, Business Development Manager, AECC Group
- Jack DeBell, Development Director, University of Colorado Recycling
- John Frederick, Executive Director, Intermunicipal Relations Committee
- David Juri Freeman, Recycling Program Manager, City and County of Denver
- Marjorie Griek, Executive Director, Colorado Association for Recycling
- Doug Hill, President, EcoVision Environmental
- Mark Lichtenstein, Chief of Staff and Executive Director of Sustainability, State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry
- Gary Liss, Zero-Waste Consultant, Gary Liss & Associates
- Fran McPoland, Vice President, Paper Recycling Coalition & 100 Percent Recycled Paper Alliance
- Michelle Minstrell
- Antonio Rios, President, Puerto Rico Recycling Coalition
- Julie L. Rhodes, President, Julie L. Rhodes Consulting
- Will Sagar, Executive Director, Southeast Recycling Development Center
- Michael Van Brunt, Director of Sustainability, Covanta
- Robin Wiener, President, Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries
Ex-officio members include Michele Nestor, ROC-chair, and honorary lifetime members Cliff Case of Carter, Ledyard & Milburn, LLC and Murray Fox with i-ROC.
Officers will be elected at the next in-person Board meeting.
“We are thrilled with the renewed interest in participation on the Board of the NRC, as well as welcoming back some returning members. We look forward to working with our newest members” said Vice President Fran McPoland.
For more information contact Laura Flagg at [email protected]