The Environmental Research & Education (EREF) Board of Directors has identified a high priority research topic in the area of residential recycling and has issued a request for pre-proposals on the topic to support the long-term needs and strategic direction of the solid waste field.
- Human Behavior
- Collection and Program Performance/Effectiveness
- Definitions, Policies and Regulations
- Reducing and Managing Contamination
- Technological Innovation & Processing Optimization
- Enhancing Material Recyclability
- Development of End Markets
- Recycling Value in terms of Economics and Sustainability
- Life-Cycle Assessment
Beginning with the December 2018 deadline, EREF grant pre-proposals will be due by:
- December 1
- May 1
Pre-proposals will be accepted starting from 15 calendar days prior to the deadline date and up to the close of business (5:00 p.m. eastern time) on the deadline date. Proposals must be received during this window to be considered. If any of the above dates fall on a weekend, then the deadline will be the Monday following the due date.
Pre-proposals are required prior to submitting a full proposal.
All pre-proposals must adhere to the criteria noted and be submitted by the established deadlines. Pre-proposals submitted in response to this RFP that do not fit within the topic areas noted will not be reviewed.
For more information on this RFP click here.