Please Note the Following Changes to the EREF Grant Pre-Proposal Deadlines
Beginning with the December 2018 deadline, EREF grant pre-proposals will be due by:
- Pre-proposals will be accepted starting from 15 calendar days prior to the deadline date and up to the close of business (5:00 p.m. eastern time) on the deadline date. Proposals must be received during this window to be considered. If any of the above dates falls on a weekend, then the deadline will be the Monday following the due date.
- Pre-proposals are required prior to submitting a full proposal.
- All pre-proposals must adhere to the criteria noted and be submitted by the established deadlines.
- Pre-proposals submitted in response to this RFP that do not fit within the topic areas noted will not be reviewed.
Targeted Recycling RFP
The Environmental Research & Education Foundation (EREF) Board of Directors has identified a high priority research topic in the area of residential recycling and has issued a request for pre-proposals on the topic to support the long-term needs and strategic direction of the solid waste field.
- Human Behavior
- Collection and Program Performance/Effectiveness
- Definitions, Policies and Regulations
- Reducing and Managing Contamination
- Technological Innovation & Processing Optimization
- Enhancing Material Recyclability
- Development of End Markets
- Recycling Value in terms of Economics and Sustainability
- Life-Cycle Assessment
Pre-proposal topics must relate to sustainable solid waste management practices and pertain to the following topic areas:
- Waste minimization
- Waste conversion to energy, biofuels, chemicals or other useful products. This includes, but is not limited to, the following technologies:
- Anaerobic digestion
- Other thermal or biological conversion technologies
- Strategies to promote diversion to higher and better uses (e.g. organics diversion, market analysis, optimized material management, logistics, etc.)
Additional details regarding pre-proposal formatting and submission requirements can be located at “How to Apply for a Grant.”
Pre-proposals for both RFP’s will be due
December 3, 2018 by 5:00 pm EST.
If you have any questions, please contact
Dr. Stephanie Bolyard at [email protected].